Benton Hospice Service provides bereavement support to anyone in the communities of Benton and Linn County who is impacted by death. Grieving is an important and necessary part of adjusting to and coping with a death. Whether days, months or years later, many people find education, group support or counseling helpful. Almost everyone can benefit from some form of grief support.
Benton Hospice Service offers a variety of bereavement services. These services include:
- Camp Compass, A one-day camp for families with children ages 5-17 who are grieving a death. Set in a peaceful forest in Kings Valley. The second annual camp will be held this summer on Saturday August 24, 2013. Click here to view the camp brochure. Click here for a flyer that can be posted.
Registration is required by August 1, 2013. After registration families will meet with the Bereavement Coordinator for a brief orientation. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged. Registration document are listed below for convenience. They can be printed out, filled in and either mailed or dropped of at 2350 NW Professional Dr, Corvallis OR 97330.
Camp Compass registration forms:
- About Camp Compass
- Camp Compass welcome letter
- Camp Compass fee form (one per family)
- Camp Compass information form (one per family)
- Camp Compass parental acknowledgement & release form (one per child)
- Camp Compass medical history (one per family member attending)
- Photo and quote release form (one for each family member attending - optional)
- The Grief Education and Support Group meets for six weeks and provides an opportunity for sharing experiences and learning about the grieving process. This group is offered quarterly and is provided free of charge to the community. Call or email for dates, location or additional information.
- A Community Grief Support Group, for anyone grieving the death of someone they care about, is offered at the times listed below. Call or email for additional information.
The second and fourth Fridays of the month, 3:30-5:00pm; at Benton Hospice Service, Corvallis
- Individual counseling services to community members who are anticipating or adjusting to death, loss, and grief. This is a free service, available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Grief Matters is a newsletter which provides insight and support for those who have experienced a loss. Grief Matters is mailed to survivors and interested members of the community quarterly for up to 13 months after a death.
- Age-appropriate materials for children and teenagers.
- A small lending library of books and videos. These materials can be informative and helpful to those coping with loss.
- Specially trained bereavement volunteers are available to provide emotional and practical support for those who grieving a death.
- Our counseling staff is available by telephone to provide information and referrals to community resources related to terminal illnesses, the dying process, and grief.
- An annual Service of Remembrance in December for hospice families and the community to honor loved ones who have died.
Click here for helpful links for grieving a loss.