Benton Hospice Service provides an information packet to all potential referrers in the Corvallis and Albany areas. Contents include:
- Hospice Care: A Physician's Guide This booklet is designed to help physicians and other referrers use hospice effectively in the treatment of terminally ill individuals. In addition to explaining how hospice works and how it is paid for, it includes guidelines for eligibility and several assessment tools.
- Benton Hospice Service FAQ Sheets
- "I'm Not Ready for Hospice": Strategies for Timely and Effective Hospice Discussions This article from Annals of Internal Medicine address how, when, and why to discuss hospice with patients.
- Other Hand-Outs
- Understanding Hospice is a short, locally produced film depicting how Benton Hospice Service cares for the terminally ill and their families.
- Benton Hospice Service Brochures
- General brochures in English and Spanish
- Patient and Family Information
- Spanish language graphic novel depicting hospice
- Living with Loss - Benton Hospice Service bereavement services
- Volunteer brochure
- Transitions at Benton Hospice Serivce - for seriously ill but not ready, or not yet eligible, for hospice care