Resources and Events
Once you become a volunteer with Benton Hospice Service, you have access to many resources that can enhance your volunteer experience.
- Volunteers are encouraged to discuss questions or concerns about a patient with appropriate staff members.
- Volunteers are able to attend interdisciplinary team meetings to learn more about their patients.
- Volunteers are invited to attend Volunteer Connections, a quarterly gathering designed to provide education as well as a forum for discussion about the volunteer experience.
- Volunteers receive a quarterly newsletter Volunteer Spirit.
- Volunteers are invited to in-service trainings throughout the year.
- Volunteers can check out books and videos from our lending library.
Throughout the year, volunteers are invited to participate in many hospice activities.
- Volunteer Connections (Quarterly)
Call or email for time and topics
- Volunteer Training (throughout the year)
Two-day training; additional classes available for specialized training
- Annual volunteer appreciation event (date to be announced)
A chance for Benton Hospice Service to show its appreciation to volunteers and staff
- Safety In-Service (September)
Required attendance for all volunteers and staff